Friday, July 18, 2014

Our Value

Hello Lasses.

Recently at work, I had an interesting conversation with a customer. And it made me think, how many of us as women (and even men) do not value ourselves enough to realize that we deserve better than what we are being offered by a person that claims they are interested in us? I can only go by my personal experiences, and they are few, but this latest one was a real humdinger of one. A male customer informed me that his girlfriend had left him. I say I'm sorry to hear that, expecting it to go no farther. He proceeds to ask me if I'm single and his final bit of absurdity was to ask me for my phone number, to which I replied, "I'm sorry, but no."

I'm sure there are many relationships which started out as a "rebound" relationship that have lasted and the couples are quite happy. Knowing about it ahead of time kind of changes things for me though, because his actions and demeanor put me on edge, as if he were hoping for some sympathy sex.....If I would have done it, it would have taken a piece of my soul afterwards, and that is too high of a price for me.

The sad part is, there is a woman or women out there that would give it to him. Even knowing it was a rebound thing. Why do they think so little of themselves that they think this is all they are worth? We as humans are worth so much more. We deserve love and laughter, trust and respect, relationships that build us up, not tear us down.

I'm not judging, that is not my place or purpose. Maybe it's my old fashioned values that make me think like this, and I'm okay with that, but I would simply like for you to put more value on yourselves so that you can be happy in your life!
And remember, you as a person are more valuable than gold, jewels or money!

No comments:

Post a Comment